According to the oral cancer foundation, approximately 53,000 Americans will be diagnosed with oral cancer in 2019. At Lake Dental, we are committed to screening for oral cancer and early detection.
What is an Oral Cancer Screening?
An oral cancer screening is a physical examination of your mouth and teeth—typically during your six-month checkup.We will closely examine and analyze any signs indicating oral cancer in its early or advanced stages.
- Unknown causes
What Signs and Symptoms Should I Know?
It’s not uncommon for individuals to be unaware of symptoms that signal oral cancer may be present. We look for the following signs and symptoms:
- Any sore or ulcer that does not heal within 14 days
- A red, white, or black discoloration of the soft tissues of the mouth
- Any abnormality that bleeds when touched
- A lump or hard spot
- A tissue growth in the mouth
- A painless, firm fixated lump felt on the outside of the neck which has been there for at least two weeks
Are You Looking for an Oral Cancer Screening in Bradenton?
It is our main goal to ensure that your dental health is in check. Our team is committed to identifying, diagnosing and setting up a treatment plan so you can smile again. Contact us today to get started!